Laser Labs Inspector II
Two-piece Glass Tint Meter TM2000
Designed & Assembled in the USA
The newer, smaller Inspector II replaces the TM 200 and TM 400 for measuring the tint on windows that do not roll down. The Inspector II Tint Meter has a two-piece design that allows you to sandwich the glass you are testing, which is ideal for inspection stations.
It can measure material as thin as a sheet of window film up to half an inch thick glass. A magnet alignment mechanism and auto-calibration promote consistently accurate readings. For hard to reach areas, a suction cup adheres the light source to the inside of the window. The Inspector II is not affected by ambient light and performs as accurately in the day as it does at night.
Each meter is equipped with two (2) N.I.S.T. traceable reference samples to verify its accuracy.
- 2/3 smaller than the old models TM 200 and TM 400
- Approved for law enforcement & inspection station’s use
- Two-piece meter that can measure tint on ALL windows
- Auto-calibration, accurate to within ±2%
- 1 year manufacturer’s warranty
- Includes: Certification, two Reference Samples, User Manual and a Carrying Case
- Law enforcement/ Safety Inspection approved for Florida, Texas, North Carolina and Virginia. Other states’ approval not required.
- The Inspector II works on all windows. Holding both sides together, turn them on. Then put the back meter onto the inside of the window, either holding it in place or using the suction cup. Put the front meter on the outside of the window over the back meter, and it displays the light transmittance value.
- Be sure to avoid placing the detector area over the defrost strips on back windshields.
- Laser Labs, Inc tint meters use a light at 550nm to measure total light transmittance.
- The measurement reads out a value between 0% (opaque material such as cardboard) and 100% (pure air).
- All Laser Labs, Inc Tint Meters are accurate within plus or minus 2% and are not affected by humidity. They are reliable from -18ºC to 38ºC, day or night.
- Two N.I.S.T. traceable reference samples are included with each meter. The lighter sample is high transmittance (65% to 80%), and the darker sample is low transmittance (20% to 35%).
- Wavelength: 550 nanometers
- Bandwidth: 50 nanometers
- Accuracy: ±2%
- Repeatability: 1%
- Measurement range: 0% to 100%
- Temperature range: -18ºC to 38ºC (0ºF to 100ºF)
- Sample thickness: Up to 6.35mm (0.25in.)
- Sample size: 25 x 75mm (1 x 3in.) minimum
- Testing time: 4sec
- Effect of stray light: Not affected
- Lamp life: 10 years
- Power source: 2 lithium CR2032 3V batteries (included)
- Weight: 90g (3.2 oz.)
- Dimensions: 95 x 45 x 30mm (3.75 x 1.75 x 1.25 in.)
One Year Limited Manufacturer Warranty